We would like to thank you for being a part of Getlead family, and we are very grateful for
your continued patronage.
This email is to inform you about the changes to TRAI regulations, specifically pertaining to
TCCCPR 2018. According to the new regulations, all entities that want to send SMS will be
required to register their organization, headers & templates along with the required
consent information on the DLT platforms. To know more about the regulations, please
To ensure compliance with the new regulations and continuity of services, please register on https://www.vilpower.in/ (Vodafone Idea Ltd DLT URL)
before February 5, 2020. Free Registration till February 5, 2020 for Principal
For ease of understanding, we have summarized the key details of the new regulations
- The regulations intend to eliminate spam and fraud
which have been a concern for many
- Every entity that intends to send communication
through messaging and voice gateway
needs to register on the DLT platforms.
- The regulation has mandated the use of Blockchain
technology also known as Distributed
Ledger Technology (DLT) to implement the solution.
- Telemarketers and end-users need to register on the
DLT platforms separately.
In line with regulatory guidelines, your business will be referred to as Principal Entity and
will be responsible for the following:
- Register with Operator’s DLT platform by submitting
- Select a Registered Telemarketer (RTM) and permit
them to perform functions on your
- Acquire consent from consumers (mobile subscribers)
through SMS, Web or Mobile App and
upload them on DLT platform.
- Register all headers and templates on the platform.
- Use the selected RTM to send communication (SMS and
For registering on the DLT platform, please follow the below steps:
- Visit the DLT platform and select to sign up as an
- Provide valid business PAN, details of authorized
person (mobile no. and email ID),
business proofs and upload the documents.
- Submit a letter of authorization (LoA) mentioning
the TM ID of telemarketer and details
of authorized person.
- Search for “IMI Mobile Pvt Ltd.”
and add IMI mobile’s TM
ID: 110200001293 on the ‘Select your Telemarketer’ form to allow
IMImobile to send communications on your behalf and then pay the registration fee.
- Post submitting, entity registrar will validate and
verify details provided by Principal
Entity within 72 working hours.
- On successful registration, the entity registrar
will approve, register and activate the
Entity ID on DLT.
- The registrar function will inform successful
renewal or any discrepancy, i.e. missing
document or incorrect details with the applicant on the registered e-mail and mobile
number in the defined TAT 72 hours.
- Post Entity ID activation, each Principal Entity
can login to the platform and carry out
its functions as per business requirement.
- In case the Principal Entity fails to submit
requested documents or address queries
raised by Registrar within 15 working days, the account will be deleted. In such a
scenario, Principal Entity will have to create a new account and start from the
- Every legal entity needs to be registered separately
on the platform as a different
Principal Entity based on its line of business.
Note – Please refer to https://vilpower.in/faq for
any further questions. For any assistance during registration, please reach out the
Vodafone Idea DLT support team at [email protected] or
Once Principal Entity registration is done, the below steps have to be followed to start
Header (Sender ID) registration
- Messages are classified into promotional,
transactional, service explicit and service
implicit. Entities need to register all their headers on the platform.
- Every header gets a unique Header ID that is shared
across other DLT platforms
Content Template Registration
- Entities are required to register all their
templates on the DLT system.
- Once a template is created, the entity retains the
template ownership across all
- Every template gets a unique Template ID that is
shared across other DLT platforms
- One-time entity registration fee –
Free on Vodafone Idea DLT
platform till 5th February, 2020
- For Header and Content template – Not notified yet.